Handcrafted is born out of a desire to see people who are disadvantaged due to crime, alcohol or substance abuse, unemployment, ill health or old age making a positive step and becoming active members of the community again.
- We provide tailored training opportunities to enable every individual to acheive their goals.
- We help disadvantaged people find their ideal job or start their own enterprises.
- We provide housing across the Region and support our residents to make their living space a home they can be proud of.
- We bring people excluded from society into a creative community.
- We also serve people in need in the Northeast by providing affordable goods, repairs and services.
This is a Christian project operating out of values of love, restoration and community. We have a committed team of staff and volunteers working to provide a supportive, welcoming environment to encourage people to gain skills, training and experience through our enterprising projects and work placements. Our shoulder to shoulder approach builds a strong team where all members work together resulting in innovative solutions to problems encountered on an individual and group level.
Here is a short film about our work